You became my fourth mission companion when I really need you. I just got done with a companion who didn't value my opinion and just wanted everything to be done her way. I had given up trying to help in planning because I knew that my ideas would be shot down seconds after they were given. I left that companionship feeling worthless and feeling like I was a horrible missionary and counting down the months till I could go home to people who valued me.
From day one things changed. I could feel that you loved me and valued my opinion and I truly felt like I was a part of our companionship. With your positive attitude and truly caring about what I had to say and my feelings, I began to realize that I was a good missionary and that I had a place in the mission. Daily work became a joy because we worked together, made adjustments and had fun doing the tedious parts of mission work like knocking on doors. We were what i felt was an ideal companionship and I learned what it really meant to work together in a companionship. Our time together really shaped the rest of my mission.
Thank you for all that you have taught me. I value our friendship and am daily grateful to you.
- Becca
I think it's amazing that we had such similar experiences. I guess it's something that we both needed. Aren't good companions the greatest?
ReplyDeleteSuch a blessing!
ReplyDelete