Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Update

So I must admit that I check blogs constantly for new posts. Especially the blogs of my sister and sister in-law and although I know that they are both very busy with life I must admit I have a fault of being disappointed that they haven't updated their blog in a while. But after I initially feel disappointed I remember that they are so much better at updating than me and their life is even busier than mine with raising wonderful kids and my sister works pretty much full time on top of that. So rightfully so blogging isn't their #1 priority in life. And then I think well I should be doing better before I have any right to guilt them into updating theirs so here I go. In March I had the opportunity to go to Wisconsin and visit my sister and her family and meet my new niece Molly. Isn’t she cute!! The Friday before I left for Wisconsin I had a group interview to apply to the Elementary Education Program. I was so nervous that I would go into being my shy self which I tend to be when in a large group. I left feeling that it went well but also that I could have done better. I was really nervous that I didn’t do well at all. While in Wisconsin I had a wonderful time hanging out with family. Melanie still was on maternity leave so it was great spending so much time with her not had to work. We went to get pie on pie day which has become a tradition since this year is the second year I have been visiting on Pie day. We also went and got Ice Cream from The Chocolate Shop. I got to babysit Virginia, Thomas, and Molly which was supper fun! On the last occasion I introduced The Sleeping Beauty Ballet to Virginia who is in love with that story. Thomas was really confused at first that I was there in person and not in the computer where he usually sees me. Molly was just adorable and a very easy going baby! On Wednesday Melanie and I took the kids for a long car ride to Green Bay to visit one of my sisters’ mission companions. It was a great trip where Virginia was very entertaining. She loved to describe what we were seeing outside the car as we drove. The kids were great travelers. It was also wonderful having 4 hours to just talk with my sister. It was so good to talk! Thursday night I babysat so Melanie and James could go out. While they were gone my dad called and here is how our conversation went. It was a typical dad conversation, Dad, “What are you doing?” Me: “I am watching a movie and holding Molly.” Dad: “Are you sitting down?” Me: “Yes, why?” Dad: “You got a letter from UVU today do you want me to open it and read it to you?” Me; (a little hesitant because I was sure it was the letter letting me know if I got into the El Ed program or not and wasn’t sure if I wanted to hear it over the phone) “Yes” Dad: “good because I ALREADY opened it. It says you got into the program!” Me: “Really?” My mom chimes in out of nowhere, I didn’t realize I was on speaker “Why do you sound like you doubted you would get in? I knew you would!” I was astounded and so excited that I got in; I couldn’t wait for Melanie and James to get in so I could tell them myself. We celebrated the next day by having Chicken Devine for dinner and playing games. It was really the best spring break that I have had!! I LOVED being in Wisconsin with my sister and spending time with them. Getting into the EL ED program was just the cherry on top of the best week ever in 2013 so far!! I finished spring semester with passing my Spanish 202g class and miracle of miracles I passed my last Math class that I have to take!!!!! This summer I am just taking my last pre requisite to the elementary ed program and looking forward to spending time with family.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE your updated blog. I should be better at this too and have actually thought that I may start writing again. Stay posted....:) CONGRATULATIONS on getting into the program, passing math and having the BEST spring break ever! You have worked so hard and I'm really proud of you Becca. You are awesome - don't forget it. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete