Saturday, January 30, 2010

I Could Have Danced All Night!!!!


This past Wednesday our Stake had an activity which they called it A Night of Finer Things. Everyone was suppose to come in their prom dresses or in their best dress.My roommate Natalie really wanted to go and ware a dress that she got from being a brides made. I decided that I would go with her. So I got on my favorite polka dot dress and my awesome red shoes that I have. I have to admit that I was not very excited to go to this activity because i had the fear that I would be the only one not in a prom dress because i never went to prom. Any ways so i got ready and then we went to the last half hour of the activity. We went so late because my roommate had a commitment that she couldn't get out of until then. Well we got over to the activity and there were actually more people then i thought would be there. They had art work that people in our stake have done or collect and then they were playing music that you could actually dance to like samba's waltz's or just slow songs. There were people there dancing but a good chunk of girls on the wall and a few boys who just were not dancing. For a little bit i felt like i was back in the sixth grade when we would have grade dances like three times that year and they threatened us with homework if we didn't dance. It was awquard. Well they announce the last song and my roommate who really wanted to dance was asked to dance and i said to myself that i was glad that she got asked to dance because i knew that was what she really wanted to do and it really didn't matter to me that i didn't get to dance( although in my mind i really wanted to dance). About half way through the song Ben came over and asked if I would like to dance and I said yes. Well we danced and had a great conversation. All to soon the dance ended and I thanked Ben for asking me to dance. On my way home the lyrics to I Could Have Dance All Night ran through my mind. I rushed home to tell my other roommates and as i walked into their room, with a huge smile on my face i sang....
" I only know when he began to dance with me. I could have danced, danced, danced, all night!!"

2 comments:

  1. It's the red shoes, I'm telling you! You look fabulous! I especially like the flower in your hair. Sounds like a fun night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two are gorgeous! I'm so glad you had fun :)

    ReplyDelete