Friday, April 29, 2011

Day 25: Someone you judged by their first impression

When i started working at Cold Stone for the first time in 2006 my second or third shift I met KT.(her name is Katie but on her tag at work it was spelled KT for fun). I did not like her from the beginning. She was a shift leader and she acted arragent and like she knew everything and treated the new employee's like they were meer children that no matter how they tried they would never get it right and we did everything wrong.which we did because we were new but it still didn't feel good to have it pointed out every thirty seconds or so. Lets just say she intimidated me and for the longest time I was scared to death of her!! I decided right then and there that I didn't like her.
Well about 2 to 3 months later we were working a closing shift together and some how got on the toppic of what kind of movies we liked and we found out that we are both BIG fans of the Jane Austin movies. I daringly suggested that maybe some time we could get together and watch one together. I was terrified of what her response would be. I bassicly gave my self two options she would utterly refuse to do it or she would say yes but only because she felt obligated to be polite. KT said yes and so we planned a date and time when we both didn't work and we got together. Lets just say that I was somewhat a scaredy pants and was scared to go to her house. The only consilation that I had was that KT's roommate was my sisters close friend Trina whom I had been around multiple times and felt comfortable around her. I prayed that Trina would be around and that got me to actually go.
I don't remember what movie we watched but I left thinking it was fun but not knowing what Katie really thougth. The next week when we worked together she told me she had fun and shocked me by saying we needed to do it again sometime soon. We soon found out we had many other things in common and now I consider Katie one of my closest friends. We still love to get together and do dinner and a movie. I would say about 75% of the time we are watching Jane Austin or BBC movies that we think might be good. One of our favorite BBC movies is North & South. We watching at least twice a year. ( believe me the amount of times we watch that has decressed dramaticlly since we first saw it!!)
Anyways Katie I am sorry I missed judged you at the beggining. I am so glad that I had a moment of bravery and suggested we did something outside of work!!

No comments:

Post a Comment