Spring Break was this week and Monday found me at Joann's looking for material for a project I am thinking about starting. Well I didn't end up getting anything for that project but decided that I need to have a sewing project during the break and found a cute pattern and fabric and decided to make a dress. I spent Monday afternoon and Tuesday afternoon and evening sewing and finished the dress. It was the first piece of clothing that I have sewn for myself. I was really nervous but the pattern said it was easy. So I read the directions and began sewing. It was a fun project to work through. I wore the dress and I felt like a million bucks. I got alot of compliments at church and many were amazed that I made it for myself. Those compliments were great to get but honestly, it feels so great to be in something that I made for myself without help! It feels the same as when a child learns to tie their own shoe with help and they feel so great that they did it!!
You LOOK like a million bucks too! Well done! I can't believe you sewed that in just a couple of days. Want to make some stuff for my apartment?
ReplyDeleteCool! I really would like to start sewing. The dress turned out great!
ReplyDeleteGreat job! You're amazing Becca. Miss you, wish you were coming out with your parents. Thanks for helping Eric! Love you.
ReplyDelete