I still remember the first time I met you. It was a Saturday in late August just before or just after school had started. I had just driven home from Bountiful where I was attending the funeral of my great Aunt. I had just pulled up into our parking lot and was sitting in my car with my door open talking to my mom, letting her know that I got home safely. You drove up and were trying to park next to me and I closed the door so you could pull in all the way. I got out and was getting my suit case out of the car and you asked if you could help me. I said sure and then introduced myself. I remembered your name because it was the same as my eldest brother. I awkwardly blurted out that I just went home for a day to attend a funeral. I mean who says that to someone that they just met? Kind of weird but in my defense I was having a horrible headache that day so therefore i was not thinking all that clearly.
Anyways you left soon after and I didn't talk to you nor see you until about mid October. Since getting to know you I have liked you a lot and have learned to do something that I never enjoyed nor knew how to do at all. Flirt. Thanks to you I have learned how to flirt and be comfortable flirting. You are also the first person that I have had a crush on and have been able to speak to and be around naturally without freaking out in my head and being incredibly shy around.I have made progress and learned a lot.
It really appreciate how you genuinely care about how my day went at work and when I have a bad day you are sympathetic but don't make me feel like a whiner. I appreciate that we can have in depth conversations and you actually listen to what I say and that it goes vice versa. Although I am glad that you feel like you can talk to me there are generally things to avoid talking about. I really hard to hear you talk about your frustrations with dating and how girls don't respond well to your flirting. Well first off can you just look over at the girl next to you and realize I like you. I would date your face off if only given the chance?! Another thing is that maybe you should be careful who you flirt with. If a girl see's you flirt with a bunch of other girls they are not likely to take you seriously when you are flirting with them or asking them out. And with that although I know that its kind of awkward to say "will you go on a date with me" or "can I take you out next ..." It is very clear that you are asking them on a date and what your expectations are. If you just say hey we should go do this..." and name a date it is questionable if you are just hanging out or if it indeed is a date. ( and even though you don't use the words "Hanging out" doesn't mean that is exactly what you are doing). When this happens they might just be nervous because they don't know if they need to pull out there wallet at the end of the meal or not.
Like I said Jeff, I think you are a wonderful guy and that you have great potential. You are very kind and giving to others. You are a gentleman and I appreciate that you open doors for me and let me sit in the front seat when it is Jason, you and I going places. It make me feel special. I a grateful no matter if we ever end up dating or otherwise for the things that I have learned while being around you like flirting and being comfortable talking to guys that I like.
Sincerely,
The girl upstairs who thinks very Highly of you.
Becca, I think you should send him an invite to your blog! :D I loved the sentence, "I would date your face off if only given the chance!" Love it. Love you!
ReplyDelete